Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Edit Canvas' and 'Replace Canvas Image File' : Replacement Image retains proportion of replaced image distorting bitmap

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
darcy.dahl
223 Views, 2 Replies

'Edit Canvas' and 'Replace Canvas Image File' : Replacement Image retains proportion of replaced image distorting bitmap

When I replace the image file with Edit Canvas or Replace Canvas Image File the replacement image distorts, retaining the proportions of the original image file. 

These commands seem to function more as an 'update' to an image file in which only bitmap data changes.

Any change to the dimensions of replacement file renders these functions useless for maintaining bitmap integrity for dimensioning purposes.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Phil.E
in reply to: darcy.dahl

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this bug. I've logged a ticket for this, but it won't be fixed for a while. With that in mind, I'd like to offer some advice to help your workflow in the mean time.

First, if you want a new canvas, you'll need to create a new canvas feature and calibrate it. Do not use the replace function in Canvas Edit.

Can you please help me understand your workflow?

The images you are using are grids. Did you know Fusion supplies it's own grid for both modeling and sketching? The grids that Fusion supplies are perfect to an extreme amount of precision, while canvas images are only approximately sized. This puts the Fusion grids at a distinct advantage over images. So please help me understand why an image is preferred, perhaps we missed something in the grid implementation that you would find useful if we improved it.

(FUS-103739)

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Phil.E
in reply to: darcy.dahl

Sorry for the delay. This issue was addressed in the recent update in July. The workflow should now be supported. Thanks for telling us about it!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report