Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings look terrible after graphics driver update

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
anders.blombergZUYWX
573 Views, 5 Replies

Drawings look terrible after graphics driver update

I have been struggling with crashes lately and in a desperate move, I updated my graphics driver.  I have a Quadro P2000 GPU and downloaded the whole Nvidia package and everything looked very different in fusion. All text and icons became blurry like they had been sharpened and then smoothed. It was clearly a setting in the Nvidia software. I could not figure out how to get proper sharp text and lines with good contrast like in every other app on my pc.

I uninstalled the drivers, the text and icons are now back to normal but everything in the drawing space looks like garbage, all lines are very rough. pdf and dwg export works just fine. it is only a display issue, it is very distracting to work like this. I have tried to toggle all graphics settings in fusion i can find. currently running open GL, it was no difference between open gl or directx9/11.

what causes this? how can I revert to the old smooth-looking (and extremely unstable and slow) drawing environment I used to have? All balloons used to be totally smooth and round. Same with lines and circles drawn in sketches used to be perfectly smooth and black, now they are grey and very uneven and jagged. 

The attachments show

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi anders.blombergZUYWX

Generally, using the latest graphics driver is a good thing. Your description "All text and icons became blurry like they had been sharpened and then smoothed" sounds like the graphics hardware got too aggressive with something called anti-aliasing. It is possible this might be configurable in the driver settings, if you wanted to re-install that driver and try it out - I do recognize that every install or uninstall of the graphics driver usually means a reboot, so it can be disruptive and time consuming.

Looking at the images, are you only seeing the odd highlighting when editing a sketch? Or with line widths displayed? Or are you seeing it consistently in the Drawings workspace? And have you looked at the Modeling Sketch workspace?

Just so you know, a few other customers recently reported display problems that appear to be different from what you are seeing; updating their graphics drivers fixed the issue for them.

Stew Sabadell
Chief Product Owner
Fusion 360 Drawings
Message 3 of 6

I have spent a good few hours on this issue now, i have reinstalled everything but fusion. Currently, i have the entire Nvidia package reinstalled.

I haven't spent much time actually working since I updated, however, it seems like the design space is unaffected, modeling, sketching etc is unaltered. 

I do spend a lot of time in the drawing environment/space and everything is off now and nothing I do is changing how the drawings look.

Not only are all lines, shapes and circles very rough. colors have also changed the green center line is no longer a grass green color, it is now a lime acid glitchy color. Previously parts, lines, balloons and lists selected had this blue outline, this outline is now grey. Also all selected items become this greyish pattern with visual artifacts in them.

Message 4 of 6

OK this is definitely related to the graphics configuration that was automatically chosen for the drawings workspace. Highlighting was "simplified" from the blue glow you are used to, to more of a gray "stipple". I am checking with the team now to see if we can try changing some settings to fix this.

Stew Sabadell
Chief Product Owner
Fusion 360 Drawings
Message 5 of 6

I used the Fusion 360 cleaner before reinstalling Fusion and now the drawing space look and behaviour is back to normal.

It seems like the problem is fixed for now, thanks for quick replies.

[GPU Information]
GPU Device: NVIDIA Quadro P2000
GPU RAM: 4096 MB
GPU Driver API: DirectX 11.0
GPU Driver Version: 462.59
GPU Driver Date: 05/07/2021

[Graphics Effects Settings]
Anti Aliasing: On
Ambient Occlusion: On
Object Shadow: Off
Ground Shadow: Off
Ground Reflection: Off
Selection Display Style: Normal
Transparency Effect: Better Display

[Limit effects to optimize performance]
Off

Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear it is resolved. Sorry you lost time today.

Stew Sabadell
Chief Product Owner
Fusion 360 Drawings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report