Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Strange Issue

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
2herds
656 Views, 19 Replies

Drawing Strange Issue

I am in the leaning stage and tried to make a "Parts List" after studying the following video;(http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?caas=caas/screencast/Main/Details/41728e8d-3d26-447e-86...)

I made two components; a 60mm steel sphere centered on origin and a 30mm brass cylinder. The sphere being brass just for visibility. Then generated a drawing placing the initial view in the left hand upper area and selecting "fully shaded". So far ok. I went to "Projected Views" to place the next view to the horizontal right, it did place it BUT the 60mm steel sphere appeared only as an outline while the brass cylinder was fully shaded. I opened the project view selections on the projected view and insured "shaded" was selected, still the sphere did not fill in. Making an angled view went ok both again being shaded.

Using; Apple Macbook Pro, Mojave OS.

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 8.22.14 AM.png

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
karina.harper
in reply to: 2herds

Hi there @2herds,

I am able to change the appearance by right clicking and selecting the shaded view. If that doesn't work, feel free to upload the file and I can take a closer look. Instructions to export a .f3d file are at this link.

20181217-1.PNG

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 20
2herds
in reply to: karina.harper

Maybe I was not clear enough. The Model has 2 bodies a sphere and a cylinder.

When I make a Drawing from the Model the 1st view presents itself just fine then I changed it to a Shaded (fully colored). This is shown as items 1 and 2 in the drawing.

When I make the Projected View to the right the Sphere does not fill in solid, but the cylinder does. ??

ModelModelDrawingDrawing

Message 4 of 20
karina.harper

Hi @2herds

I see your issue. Since I'm unable to replicate it on my side, can you upload your design here so I can take a look at it?

Here are instructions on how to do that: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-t...

Karina Harper

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 5 of 20
2herds

Karina,

I am confused about the export. I was able to export the "components V4.f3d" file to my profile in the cloud. But how do I get it to you?

Message 6 of 20
karina.harper

Hi @2herds,

You should be able to upload it in a reply here in the forums. There's a button that says "browse files to attach" : on my screen it looks like this:

20181218-1.PNG

Karina Harper

Message 7 of 20
2herds

Hope it comes through.

Message 8 of 20
karina.harper

Hey @2herds,

Sorry about that, I should have asked for a public link so I can see your drawing file.

Here's a link with instructions on how to do that. 

I tried to recreate the issue on my side but I wasn't able to. It may be something with your specific file.

Karina Harper

Message 9 of 20
2herds

I got to "sharing" see picture and selected the boxes per your link.

But after selection now what? There seems to be no next operation to confirm the Public Link, such as an ok box, close box, etc..... to check.

Am I missing the obvious?

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.18.37 AM.png

Message 10 of 20
2herds

I forgot to ask if "sharing" was successful, where does one go to find this "public link"?

Message 11 of 20
HughesTooling

Is the share for the 2d drawing? It will make life easier if you copy and paste the link rather than a screengrab. The tick marks mean you are sharing the design so just close the dialog.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 20
HughesTooling

@2herds Just had a quick look at the link and it's for the 3d design, we need the link for the 2d drawing only. Also what environment are you using as it affects the shaded views in the 2d drawing. I think you're using Photo Booth but best you confirm.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 20
karina.harper

Hi @2herds,

@HughesTooling is right, we need the public link to the drawing file. When you make a drawing, a new file is created.  Open up that one, then do the same thing you did as before to get the public link. Then all you have to do is copy that link and paste it here in the forums and we will be able to access it.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense!

20181219-2.PNG

Karina Harper

Message 14 of 20
2herds

Drawing Link

https://a360.co/2SWV8LW 

Model Link

https://a360.co/2SXGO5R

Message 15 of 20
2herds

Drawing Link 2nd try;

https://a360.co/2SWV8LW 

Can you believe my luck? First try got me the below. After I send this I will again recheck if link worked. If not I will try again Thursday AM 12/20/18.

Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 3.10.26 PM.png

Message 16 of 20
HughesTooling

I get the same error at the moment. Can you view the 2d drawing using the online dashboard. We only need the link to the 2d drawing, it allows a download of a fz3 file that contains the model and drawing.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 17 of 20
karina.harper

Hi there @2herds,

I was able to download the file even though it wasn't showing in the viewer.

I took a look at the drawing, and I was able to change the appearance to the correct setting. 

20181219-7.gif

You might verify that you are working on the current version of Fusion. You can do that by going to the question mark at the top right and selecting "about".

20181219-9.gif

Karina Harper

Message 18 of 20
2herds

After you said you were able to make a correct Drawing I decided to make a 2nd Model of about the same two items (sphere & cylinder). Then from the Model I made a Drawing (as before) but this time it came out correct 🙂

I am thinking that some "bug" appeared causing the problem either in the 1st Model or Drawing?

So for now I will close this issue.

Version issue;

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.15.56 AM.png

Message 19 of 20
2herds
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thank you for responding. I made a 2nd Model of the sphere and cylinder this morning 12/20 then made a Drawing from that Model. It worked this time. My guess is a "bug" somehow got into the 1st Model and/or Drawing, or I did some "strange" operation causing the problem.

So for now it seems to be working as expected.

PS: you can see what happened when I tried to make the link for the 2D 🤪

Again, Thanks

Message 20 of 20
karina.harper

Hi @2herds

I'm glad you were able to solve the problem! Sometimes it's worth it to re-do it. 

Karina Harper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report