Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing's are destroyed after make any minor change to Model

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
brandon.mullin
314 Views, 7 Replies

Drawing's are destroyed after make any minor change to Model

I was recently designing a carriage home garage door for my home workspace in Fusion 360 and ran into a issue that is causing a loss of hours of productivity.

I modeled the doors normally as my workflow has been for Fusion since beta. After completing the model I created Drawings from the model as normal. Fully dimensioned the drawings, added auxiliary views, sections and details and even tables and saved as normal and closed the drawing file in Fusion. I realized I made a mistake in one very minor dimension on one part. After making the change that only effected one of the 23 parts, and reopening the Drawings, I get the usual warning in the upper left corner of the screen on the linked model's need to reload the Drawings. As soon as it is updated the drawings are almost completely destroyed, views are different scales, dimensions are ALL broken and unassociated (even in completely unchanged parts), the tables are reduced to the assembly name and have no parts and some views are now just gone, being only a placeholder box. What is going on here!? I usually export to CNC machining operations and don't do drawings as much as before, but this can't be the way Fusion 360 is supposed to work. What am I doing wrong here? I will add before and after pictures. Thanks

I am using the latest Fusion 360 release build on the latest version MacOS Ventura on a 2017 iMac 27 5k Intel (Eagerly awaiting Fusion for Apple M2's this Summer!!)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You'll have to share the design. Export as .f3d of .f3z and attach to a post.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

I mean no disrespect and I appreciate your quick response, but why does this seem to be an almost instantaneous request for so many posts in the forums, without asking any followup questions that may negate that need beforehand? I've been using Fusion 360 since Beta and have never seen so many requests for archived files to be posted without discussion. In the context of the situation, my design in the model uses the most basic of standard Sketches and Extrudes and is saved via the standard method of the cloud and hasn't been opened locally or hard transferred at any time. So, the model file that is able to be exported as an Archive File seems unlikely to be the cause of the Drawing's dimensions disassociating and Fusion being cloud side linked to the drawing file, it can't be exported in and of itself to replicate the occurrence. I thank you for your response, but I can't justify uploading my model file.

Message 4 of 8

@brandon.mullin wrote:

I mean no disrespect ....

I don't either, but ...

@brandon.mullin wrote:

...but why does this seem to be an almost instantaneous request for so many posts in the forums, without asking any followup questions that may negate that need beforehand? 

My suggestion would be for you to help in a couple thousand  forum posts at the very least, and collect some solutions.

Then it'll dawn on you. Actually it won't just dawn on you, it will become crystal clear!

We do this on a voluntary basis and having a design makes this simply much more efficient.

If you feel have information to share that would negate the need for sharing a design, then it would perhaps have been prudent to share this in the initial post.

Also, just to be clear, I completely understand that there are valid reasons that you cannot share a design. But it is obvious that this substantially reduces the ability of the hand full of user that can actually provide support.

In that case I can tag an AD employee.   

EESignature

Message 5 of 8

Hi @brandon.mullin 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I see from your reply to @TrippyLighting that you are hesitant to share the dataset with the user community.

How about sharing it with the drawings team? Sharing the files with Autodesk, would allow us to take a look at them and determine the root cause, this could improve the overall quality of the software and help other users too.

Please share a downloadable link to your drawing, so that I can ask the team to investigate this, or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com

ClintBrown3D_0-1674556301528.png

cc: @nemadec @Pramod.kadam 

Message 6 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: brandon.mullin

Hi,

I notice that you are looking for hints in the forum on how to solve the problem.
Such hints require (not only for Fusion) a situation analysis.
However, this is not possible without insight into the events in question.

günther

Message 7 of 8

I understand your view, I mod for a sub of several hundred thousand and am a 'Expert' in a support community for a large well known software company unrelated to Autodesk's products. At one of these, we recently took down several Bots that collected just over 22,000 pieces of peoples work, six of which showed up in patent applications, and as of last month, just over 1,100 of which have tried to be sold as originals on various work for hire/freelance websites. I also had to testify in court on behalf of a company that since has gone out of business due to legal fees in trying to protect a patent for a design that was stolen on a Dassault Systems User Group. I appreciate the work you do as without good folks like you the forums would not even exist to help people. The ask for a file to be posted publicly from a community contributor, that is not an employee of the software company without a question beforehand was exactly how nearly all the situations I've experienced started. We trained our own bots to watch these situations and made me question wether the Autodesk's forums have this same issue, which is still a possibility that others should be aware of.

Message 8 of 8

First of all, thank you for the detailed and thoughtful reply, I thoroughly appreciate the perspective!

This blatant theft of IP is not a new issue, but I was unaware how far it has already come!

With new AI "abilities" such as in DALL E, which blatantly steals IP and original work, this is likely going to get worse.

This really puts our work here on the forum in a new perspective! Most users who come here are relatively new to the forum and they have no way of verifying whether or not the "user" who is asking for a file is a bot or a human.

I'll scratch my head for the rest of the day ...  

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report