Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissappearing canvases

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karolisd
184 Views, 4 Replies

Dissappearing canvases

A few weeks ago I created a project and imported 7 images to be used as reference for my splines. It took me considerable amount of time and effort to import, rotate, place on the correct faces and move those images to correct locations.

When I opened the document later, I could only see the placeholders instead of the images, but all the image data was missing. I tried to right click =>  Edit Canvas => reselect the image in my filesystem, which re-inserts the image back into the project, but the rotation, size etc is lost, I have to again spend a lot of time to place everything in the correct locations.

I had the same happening in another project as well.

How do I prevent the images from disappearing in my projects?

karolisMQM2D_0-1663878307534.png

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andrewgumenyk31
in reply to: karolisd

Same problem

Message 3 of 5
karolisd
in reply to: andrewgumenyk31

I think this only happens when Fusion offers you to use a recovery file after the app crashes. If you select not to use the recovery file, the canvases are not lost. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5
andrewgumenyk31

Thanks )

Message 5 of 5
andrewgumenyk31

I found a solution

You can copy them from previous versions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report