Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dementions are off

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
ps1
Explorer
427 Views, 12 Replies

Dementions are off

Hey, I'm new in this space. I'm learning fusion 360 and I cant find anything about a problem I have. can anyone help me solf this problem? I've drawn a test in autocad and export it as DXF to fusion 360 and set it al up for my CNC (genmitsu proverxl). But the dementions have a deviation. See the pics. Does anyone know what kind of problem this could be? What can I do about it? 

Thanks in advance! 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
g-andresen
in reply to: ps1

Hi,

Please upload both files DXF / f3d

günther

Message 3 of 13
jhackney1972

Please Attach your DXF file.  You can use the Attachment section of a reply post to do this.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 13
ps1
Explorer
in reply to: g-andresen

how do you mean? uploading to my CNC? or to this topic? 

Message 5 of 13
ps1
Explorer
in reply to: g-andresen

here are the files

Message 6 of 13
jhackney1972

The reason you are having difficulty with your DXF is because the one you attached is a 3D DXF.  Fusion 360 can not handle this particular DXF so I ran it through AutoCAD and flatten it in to a 2D DXF.  I have attached the Fusion 360 model that I imported the flatten DXF into for your use.  I did not see the exact dimensions the model should be but it now matches the AutoCAD DXF.\

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 13
ps1
Explorer
in reply to: jhackney1972

hey john,

first of all thanks for the video and instructions!

This is just a test for the dementions. I did attach some pictures in my first message. You can see in the pictures what dementions I draw and what my result was of my CNC. I attatch new pictures of the situation in f360. as you can see are the dementions in f360 right.  I think there is an fault in the post processing but i don't know fore sure.

I like those kind of video's you making!

regards, Jarni 

Message 8 of 13
jhackney1972

It is hard to read you dimensions from the picture.  I can tell that the DXF is no where near what you are showing.  Are you saying the size is changing in the Manufacturing Environment?  Please attach your model so the Forum users can see what is going on making sure the dimensions of the model are correct.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 13
davebYYPCU

Stock and design sizes are the same, part is undersize, 

Please check cutter compensation, or which side of the line is the cutter going, inside or on or outside the tool path?

Might help....

Message 10 of 13
ps1
Explorer

davebyypcu is right about the stock and design size, only the part when machining is undersized.

in the manufacture mode are the sizes just fine. in the attatchment is the f3d file. the cutter compensation is als right (in computer) for so far thanks! 😄 hopefully someone can help me with this problem.  

Message 11 of 13
jhackney1972

The simulation of the machining creates a model size exactly the same as the design model.  This is shown in the video. 

John Hackney
Retired

Message 12 of 13
ps1
Explorer

I know the sizes should be right when I machining the piece but it is not. I attatch a picture of the part that I get when i using this file

Message 13 of 13
jhackney1972

Your original model is no where near the dimension you are showing on your caliper.  I would suspect you have a machine calibration error, the wrong post processor or both.  The model you sent and the model created in the Manufacturing Environment are exactly the same size.  You need to look into other causes other than troubleshooting Fusion 360.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report