Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deboss cone

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jstuartnospam
163 Views, 2 Replies

Deboss cone

Novice user here. I did search the forums for this but I didn't find anything quite like it so here it is.

I'm trying to deboss an SVG on a cone-shaped lid from above, meaning the SVG is on an offset plane directly above the peak. 

I've tried a simple deboss on a solid body, which fails.

I've tried to deboss a flattened sheet metal cone however the pattern disappears once its unflattened.

I've also tried using a boolean against the flat pattern, which works until it's unflattened. 

Last issue and it may be a limitation of F360, it seems like the cone will not flatten if it comes to a peak (have a workaround but still...)

Are there other methods or am I trying to do something F360 just can't do?

Also watched @jhackney1972's sheet metal cone vids. Thank you for that btw!

Any help would be most appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

How about this?  It is 3mm above the surface which can be adjusted by sketch.  Model is attached.

Snowflake Cone.jpg

I just noticed your title had "Deboss" in it.  Attached is a second model with the snowflake debossed into the surface.  It cannot be very deep due to the thin edges of the cone.  Second model is attached.

Deboss Snowflake Cone.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3

Took a little fooling around but I see what you did! 

Really useful trick!

thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report