Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut mesh with shape from fusion

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chuckA8JD8
218 Views, 6 Replies

cut mesh with shape from fusion

Tried all I could find in community, just can't get it. I have other pieces that need changes so have figure out how to do this

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Warmingup1953
in reply to: chuckA8JD8

I prefer to convert the Mesh to a Solid Body. Is that what you want to do or would you prefer to remain as a Mesh?

Message 3 of 7
chuckA8JD8

I was trying everything I could find. It seemed that I needed to work with a mesh.

Simply, I have stl's that I need to modify. Scaling worked fine but some of the objects I need to cut off so I tried to extrude a block and push it through to CUT out what I didn't want. I will also want to JOIN some new objects. I tried to COMBINE the block with the imported stl, no luck.

Thank you for replying!

chuck

Message 4 of 7
HughesTooling

@chuckA8JD8 wrote:

I will also want to JOIN some new objects. I tried to COMBINE the block with the imported stl, no luck.

Thank you for replying!

chuck

You'll need to convert the bodies to meshes then you can use the mesh combine tool to cut, join the mesh.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling

Also you might want to enable history if you use Open to open a mesh file or you could use Insert Mesh to just insert meshes into a Fusion design.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

Here's an example using your file. 

After enabling history, I extruded a box, converted it to a mesh then used a combine cut. If you roll the timeline back before the mesh conversion you can modify the box and when finished roll to the end of the timeline and the combine will update to the new body. File's attached.

HughesTooling_0-1723207576241.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
chuckA8JD8

I think I got it. I was able to convert mesh to body, then back to old normal press body into body.

Thank you so much for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report