Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create path freezing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anthonyrossi01
253 Views, 4 Replies

Create path freezing

I am trying to duplicate a cube 126 times around a path. The program keeps freezing when I do this unless I duplicate the file and remove everything but the cube and line. Even then, fusion takes a long time to actually duplicate the cube. I am wondering if this has to do with the program or my computer. I know fusion relies on the cloud but would not think this process is anything but local. Is this a known issue? What can I do to work around the limitation?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

it depends on how you are doing the pattern.  Are you patterning the cube as a body, as faces, or as features?  If features, what mode are you using (optimized, identical, adjust)?  Need some more info (images, or the model itself).  But, yes, patterning can be an expensive operation.  126 instances, though, is not that many, I would expect performance to be decent on a decent computer.  I just tried a simple body pattern of 126 cubes along a spline path, and it completed almost immediately.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 10.11.24 AM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: anthonyrossi01

Hi,

please share your design

günther

Message 4 of 5

Path Direction, As features and optimized. I can't share the actual model but can show the line.

It took about 20 minutes to get the option to select OK in an empty model, when trying to do so in the actual model it just freezes. My Mac is an older 3.1-Quadcore with 1 Gig of dedicated graphics however it's still an i7 with 16gb of ram and a Geekbench scores of  882 Single-Core Score / 3173 Multi-Core Score and the processor never gets warm when the operation freezes.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 3.01.37 PM.png

Message 5 of 5

there must be something else going on.  See the screencast below.  I create 150 instances of a block along a curved path, using both Body pattern and Feature/Optimized pattern, and both are created nearly instantaneously.  So, there must be something else going on in your design.  If you can't share it, I'm not sure we can help.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report