Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste Text Size Drawing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Matt_Fox
618 Views, 11 Replies

Copy and Paste Text Size Drawing

When in the Drawing if i copy and paste text from a text box it changes the font size to something larger while still indicating the original size.  To fix this i need to change the size to something else then back to the size i actually want.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
g-andresen
in reply to: Matt_Fox

Hi, 

What are you talking about? 

Textbox in a sketch or in a drawing environment?

Please show the behaviour in a screencast

günther

Message 3 of 12
Matt_Fox
in reply to: g-andresen

Video attached.

It has always been like this.  I have only just now gotten around to mentioning it

Message 4 of 12
g-andresen

Hi,

I just tested it and can't confirm the effect you showed.
Maybe a CLEAN UNINSTALL will help?

günther

Message 5 of 12
Matt_Fox
in reply to: g-andresen

I have this on 2 different computers and both have the same issue
Message 6 of 12
Matt_Fox

any more movement on this?

Message 7 of 12
andrew.de.leon

Hi @Matt_Fox,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with drawings. I'm trying to reproduce your issue, but I think I'm missing something. When you created the original block of text, looks like you've selected all the text and reduced its text height from 3.5mm to 2.0mm. Then, you've selected all of the 2.0mm text, created a new text window and pasted the 2.0mm text into the window. Is this correct?

By default, when you create a new text window, it defaults to a 3.5mm text height but all formatting applied to the copied text should be retained when you paste it. However, the dialog will continue to show 3.5mm until the cursor is placed within the pasted text. Only then will the dialog updated to show the actual text height. This allows you to have multiple text heights within a single text object.

And just an observation from your video, after you pasted the text, selected the text and changed text height to 0.2mm? then back to 2.0mm, I don't think the text height is changing. Only the bullet offset changes which results in a slightly reduced overall height of the text window. Are you able to try this again and let me know if that's what's happening?

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew de Leon
Experience Designer - Fusion 360

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), OSX 10.15.7, in Sydney, Australia
Message 8 of 12
Matt_Fox
in reply to: andrew.de.leon

You are correct I have reduced the text height to 2.0mm

After I paste the text you can see that the overall length/height of the text is longer. When I reduce it to a smaller size and then back to 2.0mm it then represents the same size as what I copied.
Message 9 of 12
andrew.de.leon

Hi @Matt_Fox,

Great, glad I had the right sequence. Regarding my observation in the video, the bullet indent is much smaller in the copied text than the pasted text, so I think this is what’s causing the longer text window. Changing the text height appears to be resetting the bullet indent as well. I can’t be sure from the video, but the text height looks correct in the pasted text. Can you confirm this by creating a new text object with 2.0mm text and no bullets and copy \ pasting it into a new text window?

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew de Leon

Message 10 of 12
Matt_Fox
in reply to: andrew.de.leon

@andrew.de.leon 

I think i know what changes.  It is the spacing between the bullet and the text.

I have attached a picture of an example.

You are right about text only.  The text is the same size.

Message 11 of 12
andrew.de.leon

Hi @Matt_Fox,

Thanks for the screen shot. And yes, that's also the observation I made and after some testing here I can reproduce the same results. For some reason, when we copy and paste text with a modified text height and bullets or numbering, we're not maintaining the same bullet\numbering indent. As a result, the text's text height is retained but the overall height of the text object is larger due to the different indent size. I'll get this to our QA team to confirm and we'll get it into our backlog.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me know if anything else comes up.

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew de Leon

Message 12 of 12

Hi @Matt_Fox,

Just to follow up, our QA team were able to reproduce the issue. We've logged issue FDWG-11732 for it and its in the backlog. Not exactly sure when we'll get it fixed, but I'll let you know.

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew de Leon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report