Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting A Mesh Body To A Solid Body

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ethanlive01
656 Views, 2 Replies

Converting A Mesh Body To A Solid Body

I am attempting to make edits to a mesh file that I converted to a body however it appears it didn't covert to a solid body, it is instead something that I can't find any information on anywhere. However it is preventing me from making modifications to the model, such when making extrusions it makes anything that is extruded into an entirely separate body (and I already tried switching it from new body to join) and and when cutting into the model the result is as if the mesh was messed up.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: ethanlive01

You need to attach your Fusion 360 Model and the STL Mesh file.  You may have to zip the STL file.  Please do not double post to the Forum, it does not help you get a faster answer.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a forum post to attach it.

Taking a glance at your Screen Captures, it seems the STL Mesh translated into a surface body.  When we get your model we can take a closer look.  Mesh probably has a hole in it.

Attachment.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: ethanlive01

This is a surface body.  It likely means that some facets of the mesh were not completely converted.  I'm guessing here that you have used the "prismatic" mesh conversion option:

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 1.37.40 PM.png

which probably means that the face groups from the mesh were not correct.  There are other reasons for this conversion to fail, but that is usually the main one.  And yes, this conversion can just fail to convert some parts of your mesh.  There are a couple of choices here:  You can try to get the conversion to succeed, mostly by adjusting the face groups, or you can delete this geometry completely, and if you need this text embossed, do it once the mesh has been converted into a solid

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report