Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Crashing

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
robertmenard63
377 Views, 11 Replies

Constant Crashing

I can't seem to get this program to run for more than a couple of minutes. Any action seems to trigger it. Extrude or offset a face, start a sketch, just about anything.... it then goes into 'program not responding'... I am operating on a decent Mac and have never had issues before. 

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

@robertmenard63 @Generally these are graphics repeated based on your description.  

1. Can you please make sure there are no pending updates based o. The macOS you are on? 

2. In your launchpad , launch Fusion service utility and run a repair Fusion. Does this help? 

3. if this is not helping and you are hitting the same problems, go to the service utility again and run the gather system info. Please attach the files that are generated here. 

4. Are you getting any crash error reports to send to Autodesk? If you are getting them please send them in and paste one of the report ID here for us to find it at the backend. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 12
geracetune
in reply to: robertmenard63

Me too. Since the July update the program is nearly un-useable for me. Never had anything crash so bad in my life. I can't even close some projects without crashing.. Doesn't matter if it's a design space or an electronics space, it's a complete disaster at the moment.

Message 4 of 12

MY OS is as updated as it can be, but it is Catalina, 10.15.7
Apparently the system cannot accept any updates from Fusion. 

Message 5 of 12

>>System Requirements<<

TheCADWhisperer_0-1692619061245.png

If you have a particular file that crashes - then,

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 6 of 12

@robertmenard63 macOS Catalina is an unsupported OS for Fusion 360. We will not let you live update nor do a fresh install of Fusion 360 on unsupported OS. Here is the system requirements for Fusion 360 - https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirement...

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 12

@geracetune We will need some more information to see what could be happening here. Can you please walk through the same suggestions and questions I asked above and post the diagnostics log files and crash error report IDs from your machine please? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 12

NOT WORK!!!!!

# REPORT 715575396

Message 9 of 12

Well, it wont work on my mac, and I cant update to a higher OS, so I tried it on my brand new laptop, and it keeps saying NOT RESPONDING and that is after it takes 45 min to even open up. What was once a very good program is now unusable crap.  you should rename it to FROZEN360 or NOT RESPONDING360, 
Sucks to because I spent so much time learning it, and just got a job with a local manufacturer who is looking to get a CNC table happening, and I had sugegsted this program, and now I have to report to them this program won't be suitable. 

Just about ready to completely give up on this absolute mess of a program....

Message 10 of 12

@robertmenard63 wrote:

… and now I have to report to them this program won't be suitable. 

@robertmenard63 
I can fix the issue in 15 minutes.

Message 11 of 12

@dvdvmengineering The crash report shows this has to do with graphics. Does your machine have dual graphics? If you change the graphics to use the other card does that help?

Also in your Fusion 360 preference, general if you change your graphics preference to OPEN GL does that help?

If there is a workflow that you are constantly crashing it would help to know that workflow as well. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 12 of 12

Yes, my machine have dual graphics,I'll try to do the rest and write about the results

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report