Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining 2D sketches from multiple files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
354 Views, 3 Replies

Combining 2D sketches from multiple files

Is there a way to combine 2D sketches from multiple files and keep the constraints?

I can get the sketches individually constrained but then when I copy and paste them into one file I have to start all over again. I'm currently at the point where I've got 90% of it constrained but hitting a wall and I'm just throwing dimensions at it trying to get the lines black with no luck.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

If you save a file, it is saved as a component.  So this means you have two saved files which contain sketches.  You can open one, insert the other file (component) into it then move the sketches between them.  In my Screencast, I did a very simple sketch transfer, so if you modeled something "fancy" there my be issues.  You could share you two file containing the sketches and other could test it for you.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

that did the job thanks, your a lifesaver! Now I just gotta figure out how to move them around but I should be able to figure that out. thanks again

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

the only thing I ran into was  when i move the component it asks if I want to capture the position and I say yes and then unlink it and it places it where I moved it to ok..but once I drag the sketch layer up to the top it immediately snaps it to the main sketches origin and I can't move it. is there any difference to keeping it where it is under component vs having it under the main sketches category?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report