Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color sketch

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
mac_ito
631 Views, 20 Replies

Color sketch

Hi,

On MacOs, when the river rubicon environment is activated it is sometimes difficult to see the sketches on light materials. It would be interesting to modify this either by giving the possibility of modifying the color of the sketches or by improving the contrast in this case (the idea of ​​a dark background is to bring out light-colored pieces)

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
jhackney1972
in reply to: mac_ito

If you are up to some easy application file changing, you can assign different sketch colors to most all your design entities.  Below is the path (Windows) to the controlling file for the RiverRubicon environment and an Animated GIF showing the sketch color changed to a bright yellow.  All you need is a simple text editor. Be sure you back up the file before altering in case you make a mistake.

Environment Folder - RiverRubicon.jpgRiverRubicon Sketch Color.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 21
mac_ito
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi, thanks but I'm on macos, do you have this access path for this operating system?

Message 4 of 21
jhackney1972

I do not have the exact path but I am sure it in a similar folder.  Do a search for the shown XML file and see what you find.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 21
mac_ito

no, the architecture is not the same and access to this type of file is not possible on macos

Message 6 of 21
Phil.E

1. Right click on the dock icon, show in finder
  2. Right click on the Fusion application icon, show contents.

The path to the xml is:

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 21
ryan.bales

John is right and this is fully possible, the path is quite different on macOS but the xml is still there and editable all the same. The full path is long:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/webdeploy/production/b0342c71c957b534dd1f17522ad0b16911522879/Autodesk Fusion 360.app/Contents/Libraries/Neutron/Neutron/Server/Scene/Resources/Environments/RiverRubicon

THe tricky part on mac is you have to 'show package contents:

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 7.48.00 AM.png

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 8 of 21
mac_ito
in reply to: Phil.E

Phil, " Users/[name]/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/webdeploy/release/[long alpha numeric code]/Autodesk Fusion 360.app/Contents/Libraries/Neutron/Neutron/Server/Scene/Resources/Environments " This path gives nothing. Ryan's on the other hand yes

Capture d’écran 2024-07-26 à 17.08.28.pngCapture d’écran 2024-07-26 à 17.10.53.png

Message 9 of 21
mac_ito

Message 10 of 21
mac_ito

@jhackney1972 the request was for macos why approve your solution when it deals with windows?

Message 11 of 21
jhackney1972

You would have had no idea of the ability to modify the XML file and achieve what you desired was possible until I posted the possibility.  The operating system is purely a side note to the solution.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 12 of 21
mac_ito

😂😂😂are you okay, you don't doubt anything? Of course I knew about xml files, it was even the support who told me about it in 2022 CaseNo:19091897, and I have already spoken about it on this forum, but until then no one other than Ryan had been able to give me the exact path on mac os. 

Message 13 of 21
Phil.E

I corrected the path to point to "production" rather than a development build.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 21
mac_ito
in reply to: ryan.bales

@ryan.bales  would you have an explanation on the rgb, argb and rgba code? I don't understand the associated code as seen in the capture. Thanks in advance.

Capture d’écran 2024-07-27 à 12.22.21.png

Message 15 of 21
ryan.bales

I would, if i also understood it in full. Perhaps we can tag in someone that could explain it and is familiar. @Victoria.Studley or @lance.carocci could either of you shed light on the coloring inside the xml above? 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 16 of 21
jhackney1972

ARGB.jpg

This is what I believe the number mean:

• A - This is the transparency value of the chosen color.  A value of "1" would have no transparency and a value of "0" is completely transparent.
  • B - This is the percentage value, expressed as a decimal,  of RED in the color chosen.  RGB  (Red, Green, Blue) colors are listed in tables with a value of 0 to 255 with 0 meaning the color segment is completely turned off and 255 meaning it is completely turned on.  So if you want your color to contain all RED, you would place a "1" in this place.  If you want it to have no RED, you would place a "0" in this place.  If you want it to have half of the RED color you would place ".5" in this place.
  • C - This is the percentage value, expressed as a decimal, of GREEN in the color chosen.  See the same explanation in "B" above.
  • D - This is the percentage value, expressed as a decimal, of BLUE in the color chosen.  See the same explanation in "B" above.

So if you used a ARGB color number of "1 .5 .8 .2" it would be an opaque color consisting of .5 (127/255) of RED, .8 (319/255 Approx.) of GREEN and .2 (51/255) of BLUE.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 17 of 21
mac_ito

I should have specified it indeed but my real question is how do we calculate the RGB value 0 >255 in 0.85

Message 18 of 21
jhackney1972

It is shown in my post, for each primary color, it is a proportion of the color you want over 255.  To get a value of approximately half RED input you would use .5 which comes from 127.5 / 255 RED color component.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 19 of 21
mac_ito

ah ok thanks I had only understood that .5 and .8 were written without the 0 in front of the point

Message 20 of 21
mac_ito
in reply to: ryan.bales

@Victoria.Studley , @lance.carocci  what interests me most is to know what these different labels correspond to

Capture d’écran 2024-07-27 à 17.41.34.png

thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report