Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the size of a component

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
15087 Views, 7 Replies

Changing the size of a component

I know this is a dumb question, but: how do you change the size of a component.   I created a 'box' to use as the base of my project and the box isn't quite the right thickness.  I has assumed there would be someplace I could go and see the current dimensions of the box and tweak them..   yes?  I'm clearly missing something...   Is there a how to for doing something like this.

Also, is there a tutorial/how to on  constraints?   As I'm making this new [compound] component, I'd like to "attach" the various subcomponents to be where they have to be [e.g., I'm in the process of added a support-strut and I'd like it to be perpendicular to that base-component I mentioned above and extend up to "just" touch the side of another component.  That must be easy

Thanks!!  /bernie\

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

If you made the box using the Box primitive I'd start again and use a sketch as you have more control, the primitives in Fusion are not very useful. If you right click the box or extrusion in the timeline you can select Edit to edit, some goes for pretty much any feature in the timeline.

Start Here  and Here with some lessons on sketching and building parts.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Ah, thanks -- I thought I was really missing something.  But: I've been following "rule 1" -- what should I do in my design with one sketch among my random components?   I know you can turn a sketch into a component and I'm guessing that once I do that I won't be able to edit it again.

Message 4 of 8
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

First create the component then with it active create the the sketch then extrude, etc. Make sure you activate the component any time you add more sketches or features needed for that component. There's no problem editing a sketch in components, you don't even need to activate the component, just right click in the timeline and select edit.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8

You might find this video useful. Bodies vs Components.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

And this on Assemblies.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Hope you can help me with my doubt, nn a single file I created a multi-body solid from sketch and then created components from bodies, how can I change the size of the components?

Message 8 of 8

@irmagonzalez 

You can change the size by Editing.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply if you can’t figure out how to Edit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report