Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in parameter values move componenent locations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sleitman
528 Views, 4 Replies

Changes in parameter values move componenent locations

Hello,

I am trying to make a box whose size can be altered with parameters.    When I change user parameters, the sizes change the way I want them but the locations of the components and bodies also change seemingly randomly.  I have selected all components and made them a rigid group.  I have tried various joints and grounds and other things.

Can someone give me a hint about what I should search for to learn whatever it is that I am so obviously missing?  I have done lots of internet searching but nothing is helping and I get the sense that I am missing some fundamental concept within Fusion. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sasha

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: sleitman

Hi,

Please share the file so we can follow the trail of the perpetrator(s).

File > export > save as f3d on local device  > attach it to the next post.

günther

Message 3 of 5
sleitman
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks, I am attaching a simplified file so that I can learn from your suggestions.  

Thank you so much for your help.

Sasha

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: sleitman

Your assembly is suffering from lack of Joints to keep the components together when the parameters change.  The Base component needs to be grounded to give the sides something to hook to that is fixed in space.  You also were lacking some sketch constrains and one parameter dimension on one of the side pairs.  If you do this again, I think I would keep all of the sides independent components, making them as a pair is quick but down the road it will probably come back and haunt you at least in my opinion.  Model is attached.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
sleitman
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you - The piece that I was missing in my understanding was around constraints.

After watching your video, I found this tutorial which was also helpful:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/courses/AP-SKETCH-BASICS

Thank you so much for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report