Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Texture Coordinates won't Copy/Paste

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
durahl
250 Views, 0 Replies

Changed Texture Coordinates won't Copy/Paste

Greetings!

I just came across what seems to be a bug when handling Texture Coordinates...

In the picture below you'll see a leg construction I'm doing for my Mothers Marmor table missing it's lower section.

2019-08-02.png

The front right leg had a standard F360 Wood: Oak, White texture applied to and edited to more accurately resemble the grain orientation ( all 3 axes had to be changed ).

Once done I applied a circular pattern to it thus copying the legs another two times for a total of 3 legs.

As can be seen with the screenshot the other two legs did not have THEIR texture coordinates rotated with them in the process of doing the circular patterning which, at least in my book, counts as a bug.

This wasn't the only issue I came along... Prior to this, I had the texture applied after the circular pattern and in typical fashion went back, before the CP, and applied it before doing the CP which resulted in the texture not retroactively being applied to the then generated legs once the timeline was reset resulting in the original leg being textured and the new ones remaining blanks.

Besides these issues I'd also like to request for a smarter texture coordinate system - As of now a simple 10x20x100 wooden log with wood textures applied to it will end up with Projection Type: Automatic which, IMHO, looks like garbage needing a change to Projection Type: Box requiring further changes to it to properly orient the grain orientation.

If we could have the system to automatically orient the grain along the longest side - That would be great 😃

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report