Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Parameters

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
6028 Views, 7 Replies

Change Parameters

I previously have used the Change parameters form, but lately the form is not in my Fusion any longer.

I have tried to use the S key, and then searched for both Change parameters, and parameters, but nothing shows up.

Do i need an update, or is there a setting to activate the parameter form?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

As you know, everyone runs the same version of Fusion 360 so my Change Parameters table is located in the same location as everyone else.  Below is a screen capture showing the location of the command which opens the Parameters Table.  The "S" key will not do anything for you "unless" you have previously programmed a shortcut key.

Parameters Table.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

I know everyone 'should' run the same version of fusion 360, and I know it should be placed under the modify tab.. but mine is gone.. I have taken a screen dump also, and there you can see I don't have the same option.

With the S key I got a search possibility for finding the parameter form, and by typing 'change parameters' it should come forward, but it doesn't. So somehow my version of Fusion don't have the 'change parameters' any more.

Message 4 of 8
TrippyLighting

You are using the new UI preview, which has a few menu entries missing. 

You can switch back to the old one by going into the preferences and disable it in the preview tab.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 6.37.29 AM.png

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Yep.. that did it. 

And after restart of Fusion in the new UI mode, the change parameter button were still there. 

Message 6 of 8
kryofrk
in reply to: TrippyLighting

This currently does not fix the missing "Change Parameters" option that's supposed to be in the Modify drop down menu.

Startup License

Having come from AutoCAD 14, I've been stuck in my work flow ways for years. Recently wanted to learn Parametric Design, but the option isn't there. I've tried this fix multiple times, even restarting the computer, and it's just not showing up. 

Are there any other prerequisites before it would show up? IE, be editing a sketch (tried that), having a body selected (tried that), be somewhere else besides Model? or something of the sort?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: kryofrk

Can't believe this has not been fixed yet (as of Version 2.0.7438 / Jan 2020)! And hardly anyone is complaining about it....

Switching to the old UI mode is not an option available and change parameters in the search box returns nada. So basically, this feature does not exist anymore!?

Haha, found the solution in another post:

Looks like you're in direct edit mode without history. Parameters are only available with history enabled.

Message 8 of 8
g-andresen

Hi Claude,

keep cool:

button.png

Note that parameters cannot be activated in Sketch mode.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report