Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change ownership of project

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3238 Views, 7 Replies

Change ownership of project

To put it simply, I want to give away a project to another user. Not just invite the other user, but change ownership completely. How do I do that? The project includes parts and assemblies in many levels. How can I make sure all links are maintained between the assemblies and the parts in the project?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gasevsm
in reply to: Anonymous

Greetings,

Currently we support ownership transfer of individual projects into Fusion Team. To consolidate disparate data spread across many of users into a central environment, including transfer ownership of select Projects with full history of changes and all relationships preserved to others, the recepient must be on Fusion Team. This is assuming you are on what we call an individual myhub.autodesk360.com cloud storage. You can find out the url by clicking on the named link in the Data Panel of Fusion 360.
There are many benefits of Fusion Team over individual storage. You are entitled to Team with a Fusion 360 license too. To learn about it, see the Data Mgmt and Collaboration sections here. https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/features. I’d like to briefly mention the key differences b/w individual and Team: anyCAD capability, Desktop connectivity, cross-project design referencing, co-administration and user mgmt at project- & team-level w/ control of roles and permissions, project discoverability control by project admins, and project membership request/join approval process.

My recommendation is as follows:
1. Have the recepient upgrade to Fusion Team by fully transferring _all_ of their own respectively owned projects.
2. Have them invite you as a Team member.
3. You use the same Upgrade to Team tool, yet only transfer ownership of the desired project into their Team.
NOTE: recommend for you to Upgrade to Team aftwards via this tool by creating own Team (if have none already) and transfer data ownership of all your remaining projects from the individual storage.
4. You can still continue to collaborate on this and only this project into their Team Otherwise, they can inactivate your user from the Team and remove you from the project members list altogether.

Few tips and notes:
• Avoid naming your Fusion Team with firstname lastname. Be creative, its a collaborative company-like org space. The first/last naming is a pattern for individual storage and will avoid confusion.
• To navigate between your Team and others’ where you may be a co-admin, or a Team member or simply a select external project collaborator, use the Team switcher found under your profile in upper right corner. We are in process of defining moving of that under the data panel for easier access, but its under the profile now.
• For now, you may continue using your individual myhub storage along with your new Fusion Team but I dont encourage you. My highest recommendation is to fully transfer all personal projects into Team and get used to working there. Normally companies have a single or a need for very few Teams to begin with after consolidate all users ind projects into a central Team. Unless, you are a rockstar contractor in which case you will be operating by switching and contributing across many Teams. 😉

Hope this helps~! Here’s the link to the upgrade to new/existing Fusion Team / project-ownership transfer tool referenced above. https://autode.sk/teamonboarding

Good luck, and let me know how it went or if you have any further questions.

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 8
ericjforman
in reply to: gasevsm

This doesn't work. I created a new Fusion Team and moved all my projects, as instructed. All employees and collaborators were added to the Team, migrated as members using the tool you linked to. Some of the files inside these projects need their ownership changed.

However nobody in my team is able to do this, even for the files they own - nor am I, and I am the owner of every project and admin of the team. 

There is simply no button or feature anywhere for this that I can find. I would expect to see a Transfer Owner button in the Team File List. (See screenshot). 

What am I missing? 

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 3.22.37 PM.png

Message 4 of 8
MLeskowUAKV8

I am in a Teams group and we have a user that has left for new company, we want to deactivate that User account for a new employee to use but we are concerned all of the Previous users content will be removed upon deactivating the previous Users account. I am an Admin on the Project that is in question and we want to ensure we don't lose the Previously created content. 

Message 5 of 8
Bonne-AdditiveCenter

There does not appear to be a way to transfer owenership! Its very infuriating as i am trying to reorganise our folder structure and i cannot edit and archive other team members projects even though i am team admistrator! Some are not at the company any more!

Message 6 of 8
p.homer

Why is this marked as solved? It's not solved at all. The post from user: eformann sums up the issue perfectly.

Message 7 of 8
stevePPAJF

I agree that this needs to be resolved. As someone who does consulting work, I need to be able to transfer ownership to the company that I am working for when I sign off of a project. 

Message 8 of 8
jeremyYE229

Yeah this is ridiculous. This should not be this difficult. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report