Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas not linked after closing Fusion

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Richard_clark_az
142 Views, 2 Replies

Canvas not linked after closing Fusion

Good Day everyone! 

I have been having an issue with my Fusion losing the canvas file location after closing Fusion. 
I have tried loading the file to the fusion project itself and using it from there and come up with the same result. 

It is fully functioning until I shut down Fusion.

If I try to Replace canvas file, or even edit and select the file again as the source, it brings it back at its original scale and rotation. 

My only suspicion is that it is a function of the hobbyist version, not to retain the canvas?

I have searched the forum and have not directly seen the same issue.

Maybe I just need to reload Fusion?

Images of my version and what I am seeing are below. 
I have attached the canvas as well as the image.

Thanks for your time in advance, 

Richard

Fusion_Version.png

AutoDesk Screen shot.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I did a little test, I opened your file, deleted the Canvas.  I insert your supplied JPG file as a canvas and saved.  Closed Fusion and reopened the application.  When I opened your file with the JPG Canvas you supplied, it was truly gone.  I did the whole procedure once more but I use one of my JPG files.  This time when I closed Fusion, reopened it and then opened your file with my JPG Canvas, it was still there.

So it seems to be your JPG file.  So I opened your JPG up in Snagit, great editor, and saved it out as a different name and when through the entire process again.  This time the JPG Canvas was in the saved file and did not disappear.  It truly must be something wrong with your JPG file.

I am attaching my test model, your file, from the last save.  The Canvas is NOT SCALED correctly.  I am also attaching your JPG file that I opened and resaved as a different file name "Customer Image".  Try it for yourself and then find a good image editor and save your images over again.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3

Excellent find! Thank you for taking time to look at it. 

These images are right off my Iphone 14. Apparently, it does not like them.   

I do not have the app you mentioned, but I opened it in windows paint, saved as a JPG and it worked!

Amazing time saver for my couple projects. hahaha

Thanks again, 

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report