Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open latest version because it is not available yet...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ChallA2497
264 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot open latest version because it is not available yet...

I have encountered a problem with a file that I can no longer get the latest version of. It tells me that I can open an older version, but I had a lot of work stored in this last save. I have tried to re upload the recovery files, but it will not work. How can I solve this issue, and is there a way to get my file back?

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
P-BvanWyk
in reply to: ChallA2497

Good day @ChallA2497,

Seems that your latest version is corrupted.

You can navigate to the cache and open the local copy to check if that one is also corrupted.

This has happened while a larger file is busy uploading while there is an update being applied.

Please click on Accept Solution to help other community members solve their issues.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel added value.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Ben van Wyk
Message 3 of 3
sutherland-
in reply to: ChallA2497

Hi @ChallA2497 

If you are unable to get the latest version of a file in Autodesk Fusion 360 and it tells you that you can only open an older version, it's likely that the file has become corrupted or that there was an issue with the save process.

One solution could be to try and recover the file from a backup. Autodesk Fusion 360 automatically creates recovery files in the background every time you save a design. These files have the same name as the original file with the added suffix “.autorecovery” and are saved in the same folder.

You can try to recover these files by going to File>Recover, and then selecting the appropriate file. If that doesn't work, you could also try using a third-party recovery software to try and recover the file, but it's not guaranteed that they will work.

If the above methods fail, unfortunately, it is likely that you will have to recreate your work or use an older version of the file. It's always a good idea to regularly save multiple versions of your files and to backup your work, so you can avoid losing it in case of any issues.

Please click on Accept Solution so other community members can see how to solve the issue.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel helped you.

Best regards,
Level  sutherland-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report