Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot mirror a spline feature

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rprovideo
443 Views, 3 Replies

cannot mirror a spline feature

hi

i am designing a ball bearing case that is completly simmetrical (big suprise), and I had a circle and a sketch on one side cut the path for the balls. I want to mirror this on the other side. I selected mirror, feature, then clicked the spline in the timeline and the plane. It gives me an error message. What am i doing wrong? model attached.

thanks

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: rprovideo

Hi,

It would be nice if you could say which sketch(es) you are talking about.

But I recommend sketching only half the profile and then mirroring the body.
Especially mirroring splines is not advisable.

günther

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: rprovideo

I'm not sure what you mean by a "spline feature" that can be selected in the timeline.  A spline is a curve in a sketch, and you would use Sketch Mirror to mirror that curve within a sketch.  However, from the rest of your description, "cut the path for the balls. I want to mirror this on the other side.", I suspect that you want to mirror the sweep feature.  See attached video.  Use Feature type and Optimized compute:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
rprovideo
in reply to: jeff_strater

yes, I am sorry, I meant Sweep. And I did try feature, select the sweep and select optimize. Somehow it did not work, but now it does. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report