Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open my assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
munir.al2552
562 Views, 4 Replies

Can't open my assembly

Something happened with my MacBook which led to Fusion 360 crashing. After restoring my laptop, I was unable to open an assembly model I made, but everything else opens up fine. Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: munir.al2552

Have you tried to view and download it from the A360 web database?

Web Database.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

@munir.al2552 

Hi. Perhaps the file was not uploaded to the cloud properly.  Do you see a warning triangle on the item in the data panel?  Perhaps you can try to upload a new copy of this file.  From the FusionTeam web interface (see post above on how to get to Fusion Team web), if you can download that file to your local disk and upload the file in Fusion360, it might work.  And if this is a distributed assembly (assembly with external linked components), download the file as "Fusion360 Archive" file.  See attached image.  Can you try this and let us know.

Regards,
Gautham

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development
Message 4 of 5

Hey, Thanks for the suggestion. Upon looking over a solution, I found there was one part missing from my files. When adding the file back to the folder the assembly was able to open up again.

Message 5 of 5

Hi @munir.al2552 Glad to hear you were able to resolve the problem.  We recognize that there are times when one or more parts can go missing in an assembly.  We are working on ways to smooth out the issues in this area.  

Regards

Gautham

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report