Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move sketch geometry to origin

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jay_tay
234 Views, 2 Replies

Can't move sketch geometry to origin

I use a sketch derive in my design, that is not on the origin. I need to move it to the origin to avoid downstream issues.

jay_tay_0-1723638738587.png

I've tried to move the fully constrained sketch to the origin by defining the sketch point to be coincident with the origin, which does not work, because it seems to be fully constrained:

jay_tay_1-1723638869850.png

So, I recreated the sketch on an offset plane and tried to move the new copy to the origin:

jay_tay_2-1723638998420.png

But I get the same error:

jay_tay_3-1723639036029.png

I tried to select all sketch constraints so that I can delete them:

jay_tay_4-1723639108133.png

When I use the selection tool with this setting, it doesn't select any constraints at all. So it seems there are no constraints on the sketch after all?!

I'm flabbergasted. How do I move the sketch to the origin? 
It seems I am lacking a crucial bit of information on the mechanics of sketch constraints. 

Another weird thing: it was only possible to export this project to an *.f3z file instead of the standard *.f3d. What could be the cause for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davebYYPCU
in reply to: jay_tay

For sketch 1.  Redefine Sketch plane and select the Origin Plane.

This will align the sketch articles, on that plane, but they will be locked, (turn green).

Edit the Sketch now - Window select all the articles and Unfix them, they turn blue.

Move Tool, - Point to Point, works as expected.

As there are no constraints nor dimensions, you see a value in deriving the sketch in the first place?

..... What could be the cause for this? Deriving.

Might help...

Message 3 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: jay_tay

@jay_tay wrote:

It seems I am lacking a crucial bit of information ...

For sure 😉

You created a sketch by starting it on top of existing (imported?) geometry.

That geometry wasn't located sensibly in reference to the design origin.

Then you projected the outline of that geometry into said sketch.

Then you deleted that geometry, which turned the sketch feature in the timeline yellow, and you were presented with a warning you chose to ignore.

The very first thing you should have done after importing that geometry is to move it properly in reference to the origin.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report