Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move components in file browser

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
eddevane
3607 Views, 21 Replies

Can't move components in file browser

Hi,

I was able to move components and bodies around in the project I'm working on a couple of days ago but can't seem to now. The more parts and copies I add the more confusing the file structure of my drawing is getting. When I try to drag and drop nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? I've only started using components to organise my work with this drawing so it's a distinct possibility...

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
g-andresen
in reply to: mike_hodgson

Hi,

@mike_hodgson  schrieb:

How do you disable the timeline entirely?  I can't see how it would be of any help to me, only a hinderance.

In the settings, the history can be disabled permanently or in the browser by design.
You must be aware that there is then also no parametrics.

Günther

Message 22 of 22
mike_hodgson
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks Gunther.  I figured out how to disable the design history (timeline) shortly after I posted the question.  I acknowledge that it will disable the parametric design.  That's fine.  At the moment I'm just trying to learn how to do simple stuff like create a basic model of a desk with some drawers (and organise the bodies & components a little more logically).  Once (if) I become more proficient in Fusion 360, then I can worry about altering the design parameters (on a new design, with history enabled, of course).

Cheers,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report