Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit form(shape) anymore.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ia2453
803 Views, 6 Replies

Can't edit form(shape) anymore.

Hi everyone. 

I created the form below but I can't edit it anymore to change its shape. 

I have attached the file if anyone can help.

Thank you in advance. 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hamid.sh.
in reply to: ia2453

It seems you have converted the form to a DM Feature from the timeline. In most cases it's not a good idea to do so...

DM Feature.png

If that's true AND you have saves before you've done this open the previous version from your data panel. Check here for the details. If it's not or if you don't have saves before Convert to DM Feature I guess you should try to construct a new From based on this body.

Hamid
Message 3 of 7
pramod.pk2XX6G
in reply to: ia2453

Hi @ia2453 

Thank you for posting. The form model is created by enabling the base feature command. When you enable the base feature, the timeline does not record the build history. That means the action performed while in the base feature does not recorded in the timeline.

I hope this product documentation will be helpful - Fusion 360 Help | Create a base feature | Autodesk

Thanks,

Pramod

Message 4 of 7
hamid.sh.
in reply to: hamid.sh.

... If it's not or if you don't have saves before Convert to DM Feature I guess you should try to construct a new From based on this body.

@ia2453  I tried my suggestion above. I converted each face of this body to a T-Spline face and used Merge Edges to sew these faces together (sometimes Subdivide was needed to match the number of faces):

BRep to Form.png

Because the body had been created by T-Splines face conversions were quite good. However the final body (red) is not 100% same as your own from:

Converted.png

File is attached.

Hamid
Message 5 of 7
ia2453

Hamid,

Because of the size of the main file, I exported attached file from main file. I didn't convert to DM.

When I try to "Edit Feature" as you see from the snip below it shows previous "Features" (actions). Form 7 is a main "Form" I created. So when I select "Form 7" it opens main Form and gives me options to change the shapes, which is good. When I updated that main Form and Finish Form, other objects around, change their shape for some reason. 

ia2453_0-1647011738634.png

ia2453_1-1647011774972.png

Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
ia2453
in reply to: pramod.pk2XX6G

Pramod,
Thank you for the tip.
Please see my reply to Hamids comment.
Message 7 of 7
ia2453

Hamid,
Creating T-Spline from the Face I think will work best for me.
Thank you so much for creating whole body for me. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Best,
ilgar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report