Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete design despite not being referenced in any other designs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FrodoLoggins
208 Views, 3 Replies

Can't Delete design despite not being referenced in any other designs

"Insert into Current Design" > Unlink > Save. Yet I'm not able to delete the original design due to it being "referenced by other designs". Even though it isn't. I unlinked it. Saved. Restarted. Happens more often than not.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.10.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.10.38 AM.png

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

this happens when an earlier version of the design still refers to the design.  When you remove the link, you are only removing it in the current version.  Because you can open an earlier version and do "save as new version", this link can come back into existence.  The delete logic needs to check back versions as well as the current version.

If you are on a Team Hub, I believe you should have access to the "trash bin", which is supposed to allow you to "delete" a referenced design (which really just moves it into the trash) to at least get it out of the way.  Until Fusion supports version pruning (not on the plan), or "missing references" (is on the plan), this limitation will persist.

The only known workaround is to download the design as F3Z, and re-upload it to a new folder/project.  This, essentially, compresses all the design history into just the latest version.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972

If you cannot solve this issue another way, please take a look at this Blog article and Video on how to accomplish the task.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 4
FrodoLoggins

Not sure what happened. I was either able to delete this file at some point or renamed it and can't find it.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report