Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change subscription

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
katie_e_richter
222 Views, 7 Replies

Can't change subscription

Hi,

I got an educational licence while I was studying and renewed it once. Now my studies have finished and my subscription expired. I'm trying to change over to Fusion for personal use but am unable. Under my subscriptions in my account there is nothing, so I can't delete my educational licence, and have tried signing out, uninstalling, and reinstalling from the personal use link on Autodesk website. Still no luck, as soon as I sing in it shows fusion with an expired licence. Please help, I really need to get back in to editing my files. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

The LoginState.xml file contains the current user status and settings.  I assume you have already applied for an Fusion 360 Personal License using your current Autodesk ID which is not your old Educational Autodesk ID.  This XML file can be deleted and will automatically be regenerated for the current user the next time Fusion 360 is started.  Making sure you have Fusion 360 closed, follow the steps outlined in this webpage to remove this file and then see if a restart of Fusion 360 fixes the issue.  By the way, a new Personal License begins with a 30 day Fusion 360 Full Subscription trial so do not be surprised.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

Yes I believe I have applied for a personal licence. I can't find that file anywhere on my Mac unfortunately. Any other suggestions? Thank you

Message 4 of 8

/Users/"your user name"/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Web Services/

Then "Libraries" folder is usually hidden. Keep that in mind if you want to navigate there using the finder.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8

If it's hidden how do I find it then? There is no Library folder under Users/"username". And under Library (not in user folder)/ApplicationSupport there is no folder for Autodesk

Message 6 of 8

Go to the internet and search for how to show hidden folders on a MAC.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Thank you. I have managed to find the file, deleted it and reopened Fusion360 but no change.

Message 8 of 8

Does anyone have an email address that I can email Autodesk about this? Whenever I go to the support and write in my problem the only contact option I have is to live chat, but then when I try that my position in the queue never changes. I've waited for nearly 2 hours and still been in the same place. This really shouldn't be this difficult a process

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report