Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't accurately import SVG from Inkscape

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
594 Views, 1 Reply

Can't accurately import SVG from Inkscape

I am unable to accurately import SVG files from Inkscape.  When I open the file in GIMP, it opens the right size, but when I import the SVG into Fusion 360, it imports 3 to 4 times smaller.  I think this is a known issue because I have done my research and I have seen that others have the same issue.  Is there a good fix for this in Inkscape, or is it a bug in Fusion 360?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

SVG is inherently a unitless format.  You will have to scale the resulting sketch to be the right size.  One helpful feature is the "scale entire sketch at first dimension" option

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 7.21.47 PM.png

This option will do pretty much what its name implies:  If you turn it on, then any dimension you place on the sketch will scale the entire sketch based on the difference between the current size of the dimension and the new size.  You will have to first un-fix the imported SVG geometry

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report