Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i start the Fusion in offline mode, while being offline?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
SVentus
5604 Views, 9 Replies

Can i start the Fusion in offline mode, while being offline?

This is probably a silly question but, 

When my computer is offline completely, is it even possible to start Fusion and work in offline mode?

I could swear that was possible a month or two ago. Once i would switch to offline mode i could turn Fusion off, turn my computer off, and then start the program tomorrow when i would start the computer, without connecting to the web.

It just had to be in offline mode since the last time.

Now, whether Fusion is offline or not, it always asks for me to log in online.

But i dont always have the access to the internet. And then i cant do anything. 

Otherwise, when i can connect, whether through some wifi or any other way the program works fine.

Am i misremembering or ... whats the deal?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
huszak.marcell
in reply to: SVentus

I've just checked and it works for me.

The order was:

1. logged in

2. closed the software

3. turn off wifi

4. start the program again

So maybe it was because I was logged in once.

Student Expert
Student In Industrial Design Engineering
Message 3 of 10
SVentus
in reply to: huszak.marcell

Yeah, that works. But its not what i need.

Once you log in while being connected to the web it can run on. I think it doesnt really turn off if you "close it" but sort of goes into standby background mode, or atleast remembers it was logged in. But can you start it without connecting at all? After restarting or turning off the computer/laptop/whatever?

Ive just had a case where i couldnt even export models as stls while offline, so i had to connect to the web, go online in Fusion and then it exports stls as usual, either directly or through meshmixer.

Im just wandering is this the way its supposed to be, or am i having issues.

If this is the way its supposed to be, at least i would know its not some kind of weird problem on my side. Is it a bug, a feature? 

Although it wouldnt make any sense whatsoever from any possible angle.

Message 4 of 10
baribak

Hi,

You can work offline for up to 2 weeks before we require you to go back online. Click the Job Status button in the menu bar and select Work Offline.

You can cache files or projects to your local disk via the Data Panel settings button as well for easy offline access. 

Be sure to login prior to the 2 weeks so we can synchronize your data files. Then you can go back offline.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 5 of 10
huszak.marcell
in reply to: baribak

Oh, thats new 😄 Good to know! Thanks! I'm sure it helps the asker too!

Student Expert
Student In Industrial Design Engineering
Message 6 of 10
SVentus

I do cache all the files. And i upload them every time i can get online.

But as far as i can see i cannot start Fusion while being offline, and i cant export models as STL files while offline.

Every time i turn off the computer, it requires online login regardless if i switched it to offline mode previously.

Which i think wasnt the case before. I do remember it notifying me im getting close to the two week deadline before a few times.

- hah, it seems you are having some kind of outage now.  Thats my bad luck affecting you. 😉

Message 7 of 10
baribak

Hi,

I'm not sure what might be causing that other than some script that is deleting the cached files we use for login credentials, etc.

Specifically for me I login to Fusion, click the Job Status button (right side of menubar) and select offline.

Now if I exit Fusion and come back it remains offline.

Also, if I go "offline" in Fusion, exit, then shut off my wifi and restart Fusion it comes up offline.

So as long as you're not hitting the 2-week issue you should be fine.

On the STL question, if you right-click on the top browser node you should see an option to "Save as STL" even in offline mode.

Regards,

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 8 of 10
SVentus

Ok, then it is some issue on my side after all.

let me check something... 

Message 9 of 10
SVentus

It was the Comodo Internet security suite.

Been using it for years, never any problems but it seems they messed up in some of the latest updates.

When i switch it off completely everything works fine, including stl exporting. When its on the problem appears again, - despite me making sure Fusion is allowed and seeing it is listed as one of the allowed applications. And making sure again it is allowed and unblocked by anything, together with any other Autodesk components.

I just made sure a component "webdeploy - something, something with long string of letters and numbers" was also allowed and unblocked by anything.

And it still didnt want to turn on in the offline mode while Comodo is on. I have its Auto containment tool already turned off and disabled because it was too crazy, as well as Hips and the Viruscope. Ive been using only its firewall and ordinary antivirus.

Uninstalling now.

This was actually just a cream on top of whole series of unlucky events, including finding out just a few days after i finally got my new CR10 motherboard i was searching for months has faulty caps because Creality decided to cheat on caps, mesh leveling not working as it should, pay pal not giving me my money when it should, my electric heater short-circuiting while i was trying to fix the printer and several other similarly bad events that just make you start to cackle. 

Thanks for the help, great software and Lars.

Im just coming close to finishing something really good.

Heater is now working, Fusion is back pumping and im off to stick it to bad synchronicity.

Message 10 of 10
che.a.simons

How do I access the menu bar without an internet connection? There doesn't appear to be any way to select off-line mode without being online first. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report