Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-pattern on bodies is not parametric, how to solve it ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gamelife4dns
199 Views, 4 Replies

C-pattern on bodies is not parametric, how to solve it ?

Assume I create a body, which is duplicated with the circular pattern feature. The number of times for the C-pattern is stored in, say, "Z" user parameter.

case 1: If those bodies are touching I can combine them to obtain one single body. Problem, how to select parametrically all the "Z" bodies created by the C-pattern for the Combine feature ? I mean, if "Z" value is increased or decreased afterwards we still want one single resulting body. And this doesn't work if "Z" is increased.

case 2: If those bodies are not touching each other, I extrude or revolve a body in the middle to join all the patterned bodies to obtain one single body. Again, if "Z" value is increased or decreased afterwards we still want one single resulting body. Again, this doesn't work if "Z" is increased, some bodies are not joined. If "Z" is decreased, the feature that joined the bodies is in warning state (yellow).

Please look at the attached f3d project which illustrates this second case. There is a "Z" user parameter whose initial value is 13. Try both increasing and decreasing, then count the resulting bodies in the browser. I'd like no warnings and always one body, regardless "Z" value.

Thank you.

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: gamelife4dns

Hi,

simply change your strategy

Screencast

günther

Message 3 of 5
gamelife4dns
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks for looking.

Indeed, that's the workaround (or strategy as you say) I tend to use. But on more complex cases patterning features stresses Fusion 360, mainly with the Adjust option when the Optimize fails. So I'm wondering if there is a way to pattern bodies and still be able to join them parametrically into a single body.

Steve

Message 4 of 5
g-andresen

Hi,

1. create a basic body

2. add 1 feature > join

3. pattern the feature or its faces

günther

Message 5 of 5
g-andresen

Hi,

if an answer has led to the solution of the "problem" please mark it as "ACCEPTED SOLUTION".

This will make it easier for future readers to find their way around.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report