Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with misplaced axes names in cube

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
splarv
409 Views, 6 Replies

Bug with misplaced axes names in cube

Снимок экрана 2020-05-21 в 10.09.36.png

As you can see "DistanceX" and "DistanceY" must be exchanged.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: splarv

File>Export and then Attach the *.f3d file that exhibits this behavior.

Message 3 of 7
jeff_strater

the "X", "Y", and "Z" here have no relation to any coordinate system.  These are purely local to the Box primitive.  X and Y will always refer to the first two inputs, and will be local to the sketch of the plane you selected.  They are not mapped to the global coordinate system, and you should not expect them to correspond to any coordinate system in the design

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 7
splarv
in reply to: jeff_strater

@jeff_strater wrote:

X and Y will always refer to the first two inputs

You are not right. I tried to change order of the first two inputs, but always DistanceX and DistanceY were wrong.

Message 5 of 7
splarv
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Attached

Message 6 of 7
jeff_strater

You expect "DistanceX" to correspond to "Length", and DistanceY" to correspond to "Width"?  Fusion maps them the other way.  Those labels are arbitrary, but I can see where your confusion comes from.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 7
splarv
in reply to: jeff_strater

@jeff_strater wrote:

You expect "DistanceX" to correspond to "Length", and DistanceY" to correspond to "Width"?  Fusion maps them the other way.  Those labels are arbitrary, but I can see where your confusion comes from.

No, of cause not. I even can not imaging where is the "length" or "width" of some cube.

When I put a cube on the original plane XY, the DistanceZ will be along Z axe, but DistanceX along Y, while DistanceY along X. Yep, I agree, I can place a cube at any planar. But. Lets see.

I created angled face. And put on this face a sketch and a cube. And still DirectionX will be pointed along the Y local axes of the sketch (Z global axes), and DirectionY pointed along X local axes of the sketch.
Снимок экрана 2020-05-24 в 19.47.53.png

There is not any problem to make that the DistanceX of the cube and the X axes of a sketch based on the same plane will be the same. Just exchange DistanceX and DistanceY.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report