Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: manual nc pass-through from template error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BananaJuiceNomNom
483 Views, 6 Replies

BUG: manual nc pass-through from template error

A manual NC op from a template uses T0 (Tool 0) and there is no option to change the tool. An error message makes any changes to the manual NC op impossible.
This is possibly related to https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-computer-aided/bug-manual-nc-pass-through/m-p/8512234
Would you like to have f3d files or templates?
Cheers,

Shu

fusion360 CAM bug manual NC from template.PNGfusion360 CAM bug manual NC from template2.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @BananaJuiceNomNom

Yes, if you could share your file that would be great. It appears the issue you're referencing has been fixed, so this might be runoff from that fix.

You might also double check you are at the most recent version of Fusion.

20190122-4.gif

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 7

Hi Karina. Yes I am on version 2.0.5338. I just discovered it is impossible to export a .f3d file from the document to save the tool paths with it. The document suffers from the bug with the broken links although there are no links present.
I'm not at the computer that has the templates on it right now. However, I could copy and paste the tool paths over to a fresh document from the bug ridden one and the bug persists, so I hope this helps even without the templates.

Message 4 of 7

Hi @BananaJuiceNomNom

Have you tried the "change tool" when right clicking the operation? What does that do?

When I opened it the tool had a size of 0 for all data. I'm not sure if that is from sharing it or if your tool is set to 0. 

You can also add me to the project. I can DM you my e-mail if you want to try that.

20190122-6.gif

Karina Harper

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 5 of 7

Have you tried the "change tool" when right clicking the operation? What does that do?

Ah yes. There is no "edit tool" dialogue with manual NC ops, but with the broken manual NC with T0 ops, there actually is one. That'll work as a workaround, thanks.

When I opened it the tool had a size of 0 for all data. I'm not sure if that is from sharing it or if your tool is set to 0. 

That's the fishy part. Usually no tool is used when a manual NC op is created, and that works well. When I use the templates, the manual NC ops suddenly have a T0 tool attached to them.
Message 6 of 7

I am seeing that as well in a new file. What I DID find however, is that I can go into the Tool Library and delete that tool. (it will flag me that it's used in an operation, we don't care) It will then remove the "T0" from the Manual NC

Certainly a bug, thank you for bringing it to our attention

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 7
karina.harper
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks @seth.madore 

This has been logged with the team as CAM-12703. Thanks for bringing it to our attention @BananaJuiceNomNom! This is super helpful and you are just as awesome as your username indicates.

Karina Harper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report