Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG? I cannot get these bodies to combine.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jeevesme
415 Views, 6 Replies

BUG? I cannot get these bodies to combine.

When I try to join these bodies, it looks like they join but they don't. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Forever yours,
Love,
Brian

PS. If this answered your question, please mark as answered so others do not read through the posts trying to figure out if it was answered.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: jeevesme

If I understand correctly the problem is you have Keep Tools enabled so body3 ends up as a combine of all 3 bodies and you're left with the tools, bodies 18 and 19.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jeevesme
in reply to: HughesTooling

I've tried both ways and it doesn't make a difference.  I have attached the file.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Forever yours,
Love,
Brian

PS. If this answered your question, please mark as answered so others do not read through the posts trying to figure out if it was answered.
Message 4 of 7
HughesTooling

I'm not sure if part of the confusion is your combine cut where you remove the sphere leaves 2 small bodies as well as the larger one.

Clipboard05.png

Apart from that the design has some errors and I'm not sure why you move the sphere around several times and save it's position. Personally I never use the primitives, you have far more control if you sketch a D shape and revolve, you already have a circle in the sketch you can use. Below is a screencast that shows how I'd make the design and at the end I only have one body, files attached. Thinking about it a bit more there's no need for the extra component, you could just create a body in the main component.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jeevesme
in reply to: HughesTooling

Dude, Thank you!  That was driving me insane. I also do not use primitives very often.  But I am designing fidget spinners that have varying sizes and locations of ball bearings and figured it would be easier to use a primitive in these cases.  I am still trying to figure out the best way to go about it.  Should I just create a single size of each ball bearing as a component and then when I need to put them in each of the designs, use the "Move" Component command with "Create New component", "Capture Move", and "Create Copy" all checked. The end goal is to create a Render of each design as well as use the ball bearing as a cutout for it.

Love,
Brian

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

If you want to use a sphere primitive this is what I'd do. Create a new component and create the sphere at the origin. Then in your spinner component create a Joint Origin where you want the centre of the sphere then use a joint to position. I'd rather use a joint than move as it's easier to edit in the timeline if needed.

Mark

Edit

Here's a picture creating the Joint Origin using a sketch point as the snap point.

logo.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Another option when creating the joint origin on the spinner is use the centre hole as the snap point then drag to the position. Done like this it's easy to edit the position with parameters.

logo.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report