Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug by switching drawing tamplate - Thread Note disapears

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
s.zemmerklenge
179 Views, 4 Replies

Bug by switching drawing tamplate - Thread Note disapears

Hi everyone

I encountered a bug in the drawing workspace of Fusion. 
I have a drawing that contains thread notes. Now, if I try to switch the titleblock (actually the template) then all of a sudden all thread notes are gone and also can not be placed again.

I can't do a screen recording, so I describe step by step what I did.

1. create a drawing of an object that contains a thread
  2. create thread note
  3. right click "Add sheet"
  4. select at "From" a diffrent template
  5. click OK
  6. Now I would continue to change in the title block, however now all thread notes are gone

The issue does not come from the template. For test purpose I created a new Template from scratch with no customization and the bug persists. I also tried clearing cache with no success.I do not know if this problem is as a result of the new Fusion update, I used the current version (2.0.19215)

So what can I do now. I can't finish my plans until I have a solution. 
Many Thanks,

Simon

If someone likes to reproduce this error, here are shared links.
https://a360.co/3yz9wUZ

https://a360.co/4dSitZB

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I understand my issue is perhaps not the most exciting one, but it would still help me a lot if someone could contribute to it.

As until now I just haven't found any solution or workaround to it and I have tried for hours. I can not see how the issue is related to importing a new template into the drawing. 

If anyone has an idea, I'd sincerely appreciate it!

Message 3 of 5

Hello @s.zemmerklenge ,

I can reproduce the issue, I see you have added a thread on a extrude hole and this is creating the issue.

Workaround : Create a threaded hole using the hole command and not use the thread on the extruded hole.

mohammedaliTDPXK_0-1716920932359.png

Regards,

Md Adam Ali

Mohammed Adam Ali
Sr. SW Eng. Test
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5

This is added as a bug internally with ID FDWG-18685.

Mohammed Adam Ali
Sr. SW Eng. Test
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5

Many Thanks Ali

Do you rate this as a bug, or is this a result of my "wrong" workflow?
For my style of designing, I hardly ever use the hole command. This is because I find it faster to sketch the holes simultaneously as the outline of the part and extrude the profile without the hole, or I create the hole by a revolve operation.

Changing my already finished design to this new approach - will take me a while...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report