Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser version no long allows new designs?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ampster40
329 Views, 8 Replies

Browser version no long allows new designs?

Before I boot into M$ this morning to work on the trailer I figured I'd give the browser another try to see how it's coming along.

https://a360.autodesk.com/

Discovered no option now to create a new design.

I first tried Firefox since it's the default browser and then installed Chrome, neither web browser appears to provide the option to create a new design.

Fingers crossed some Adesk'er somewhere is working on a Linux version.

No disrespect intended towards either company by the use of how I called them out, and come to think of it, "$" is where the answer lies regarding no version of F360 is yet available on any version of Linux.

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
g-andresen
in reply to: ampster40

Hi,

1. take a look at this Info

2. If you do some research in the forum, you will find that there will probably (certainly) not be a Linux version.

günther

Message 3 of 9
HughesTooling

The browser version was discontinued a few months ago. If you use the education licence there is a version that runs in a browser but I think it is just running Fusion remotely from what I can see here.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
ampster40
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks for the info. 

yeah been searching and not liking the results.  ideastation posts regarding linux appear to have been archived, aka, all linux users we don't want to hear from you anymore as we are not going to support you.  Not even thru the Desktop.

This will weigh on whether or not I stay on subscription for F360.

Message 5 of 9
ampster40
in reply to: HughesTooling

is that dead link intended Mark?  at least it doesn't work here.

Not using the education version anyways, but thanks for the info.  People learning the software should have the ability to remote, that helps.

Message 6 of 9
ampster40

got an email asking "Did you get the answer you needed?" and then to mark it as an accepted solution if I did.

While I got the answer I had a question about, I am not going to accept this as a solution, because it is not acceptable that Autodesk imho let a certain percentage of users without the means to utilize F360 outside of either two supported operating systems.

Thank you to those who have answered my question and provided information that confirmed my prior sentence.

Message 7 of 9
HughesTooling

@ampster40 wrote:

is that dead link intended Mark?  at least it doesn't work here.

Not using the education version anyways, but thanks for the info.  People learning the software should have the ability to remote, that helps.

Sorry some extra characters got added to the address. This should work.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
jonrbloom

To be fair, you got the answer to your question. It just wasn't the one you wanted.

I'm mainly a Linux user too, so understand the disappointment. I appreciate the fact that Eagle is still available on Linux, although I wonder how long that will remain the case once Fusion Electronics catches up and becomes almost fit for purpose (haven't tried for ~6months, but it was clearly an alpha quality product at that time).

It is a shame that there are not enough Linux-only users to justify investing in our preferred platform. But it isn't 'unacceptable' not to support Linux. Unless you simply mean lack of Linux support means it is unsuitable for your needs. Autodesk, are being perfectly up front and reasonable in choosing which OS's make the most sense from a cost to revenue perspective. This is just good corporate governance. As customers we have to choose whether we want to accept the clearly published system requirements, or look elsewhere.

I just wish Autodesk would validate their updates better and not rush out immature software to paying customers in the pretense that it is production quality. It feels like every major update brings me pain.

Message 9 of 9
ampster40
in reply to: jonrbloom

Very understandable, and yes I got the answer to my question.  Not going to debate this with anybody anymore here as that is not what the forums are for, this one anyways.

No need to repeat anything I've mentioned here over the years regarding this subject.  Today I utilize the forums for what they are intended for, rather than use it to vent or converse about subjects like these that are going nowhere by the looks of it.

Again, Thanks to all who provided up to date information regarding both the browser version and Linux related stuff.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report