Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner (private user): confused with Autodesk Accounts and Cloud

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rgh63703
106 Views, 2 Replies

Beginner (private user): confused with Autodesk Accounts and Cloud

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find help for this anywhere, the only thing I find is standard answers. Signed up for AutoCad Fusion (private) and entered my email, then downloaded and installed Fusion for Windows.

A) I'm confused with the Autodesk Account - during the installation it says that my email address belongs to an organization or something (it doesn't) and then I have to create a Team even though I'm a single user. I don't want to use cloud functions, it's just slow and stop working if I don't have internet.

B) I can't open files from my computer in an efficient way. Can't define file extensions to open with Autocad Fusion 360. A cloud is really bad when I want to use other software as well.

I hope somebody can help me, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: rgh63703

If you do not want to use the Cloud, you probably have chosen the wrong CAD application.  Sure, you can save files locally but they will not be dynamic and will not update automatically.  You also will have to run Fusion on the internet every so many days to maintain your license.  You also will have to create a Team even if you are one person to use the fully functionality of the application.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
rgh63703
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you! I'll stick with Blender, got some experience with it... or TinkerCad mhm. Anyway, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report