Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner faced with a nasty JOINT Conflict

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
saulius.jakovonis
261 Views, 4 Replies

Beginner faced with a nasty JOINT Conflict

Hello, I have this suspension system with 4 parts connected with joints as seen in the photo. There is a grounded subframe, 2 arms connected to that grounded subframe and a wheel assembly connected at the other end of those 2 arms. They all are joined and when i change rotation angles they move up and down together as expected.

sauliusjakovonis_1-1625065849394.png

However right now i am trying to join a 5th part, which is the shock absorber. My aim is to automatically position the suspension so that both rods at the top and bottom of the shock absorber would snap to their respective holes on the suspension. Top rod is already rotation-joined with the grounded subframe, while the bottom rod has to be rotation-joined with the moving suspension assembly. In order to do that the suspension assembly has to move down a few degrees and here is my problem. Whichever way I try to join that last part the arm assembly just wouldn't move. There is a conflict somehow and Fusion 360 is not able to figure it out. Could someone help me? I have added a few more pictures to make it more clear.

Picture 1. Here is the conflict. The lower suspension arm will not move up to align the "rod" with the "hole".

sauliusjakovonis_4-1625065964652.png

Picture 2. Here is the rod, which is rigidly joined with the shock absorber.

sauliusjakovonis_5-1625065991737.png

Picture 3. Here is the hole with which the low part of the shock absorber has to align with.

sauliusjakovonis_6-1625066029435.png

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@saulius.jakovonis wrote:

Could someone help me? 

Sure.  Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 5

Thank you! This is f3z instead of f3d. Is this going to be okay?

Message 4 of 5

Your issue was that the shock absorber consisted of only bodies and therefore had no assembly joints.  Without joints, it will never be able to be joined into the top level assembly and function.  I really butchered your shock and assembly in order to save time in the recording SO DO NOT USE my attached model.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5

Wow! Thank you so much!! This has been bugging me for a while and now it is completely clear what my problem was. And a whole step by step video in such short amount of time is completely beyond what I expected! 5/5 customer service 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report