Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Grouping - How do I disable?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
simonjohnlacey
191 Views, 4 Replies

Auto Grouping - How do I disable?

Fusion 360 recently has implemented an auto grouping feature.  When I create a sub-component it always comes grouped to the parent component automatically.  I then usually have to break the grouping.  How do I disable auto-grouping?

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: simonjohnlacey

Hi,

please show a screenshot (browser tree open) of this situation

günther

Message 3 of 5

If you create a component it falls under the component that is Active unless you select another in the Create Component dialog box.  If this is not what you mean, please attach a screen capture or model to demonstrate you issue.

Create Component.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 5

Hi @simonjohnlacey ,

If you don’t want your components to be ground to parent automatically, you can change this default behavior. In the top-right corner, on the Application bar, click your Avatar and select Preferences. From the menu on the left, expand Design and select Assemblies. Uncheck "First component grounded to parent.

Message 5 of 5

Beautiful, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report