Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding sides to a road

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
219 Views, 6 Replies

adding sides to a road

hi again

How can I add that road sides circled in red to the road support circled in green. I want those sides to prevent the road slide from the support surface and along all the support. I just circled a small portion to show what I want. I want the thickness be 2 mm and height 7 mm. and 1 mm offset between the road sides and support edges

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

This this what you want?  By the way, you never closed the previous forum post.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

yes this is what I wanted. but how did you do that? I tried to make a sketch on that road support but it didn't even allow me to click on plain surface on the support to create a sketch there.

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

I created a Screencast.  I only did one side in this video to save time but both sides can be sketched at the same time and one Sweep, using the edges and both profiles.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Perfect thank you 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I realized that you used a project function and slice in your work. what they do actually?

Message 7 of 7
jhackney1972

The Project function allows you to "borrow" geometry from another sketch, body, workplane, etc to use in your current sketch.  For example if I had a component with a bored hole in it and I wanted to create another component which will be the bushing for that hole that will carry a shaft.  I place my sketch on a plane that is perpendicular to the bore hole axis, and create a sketch on that plane, I can then Project the bore diameter into the sketch to help me create the bushing.  Project geometry can be linked to the original, if you desire, so when the original, you projected geometry from changes, the Projected sketch updates automatically.  This is a very simple explanation of the Project functionality.

Slice is a sketch tool to "remove" all material back to the sketch surface.  If you are trying to sketch on an interior surface or plane of a component it may be very hard to tell what edge is what.  The Slice tool gives you a clear focus on your sketch.  It is just a convenience to make the sketch easier to execute correctly.  The Slice tool removes all the material between your view and the sketch plane so what if removes depends on your sketch viewing direction.  It is very similar to the Section Analysis tool but only for sketching. 

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report