Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Pocket creates empty tool path - Warning: Pocket recognition did not find any pockets.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
200_ok
268 Views, 4 Replies

2D Pocket creates empty tool path - Warning: Pocket recognition did not find any pockets.

This seems to find circular holes, sometimes. Sometimes not. When through-holes are derived from sketch, empty tool path is created. Screencast https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/3fc915fa-417e-4b9d-9b34-91a6eaad8f8c

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: 200_ok

Please attach your Fusion 360 file.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a forum post to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
200_ok
in reply to: jhackney1972

Makes sense, here is a file from the screencast.

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: 200_ok

You created your hole as part of the original extrusion.  If you create the hole, using the same sketch, from the Z-side of the block, it works fine.  I suspect the pocket detection routine is using the Manufacturing Setup side of the block to look for all holes and will not detect ones from the opposite side even if they go through. @seth.madore what is your opinion on this?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
200_ok
in reply to: jhackney1972

That is a valid work-around for this bug. However, doing the extrusion in one action is much preferred if you imagine a more complicated piece with dozes of holes or pockets.

I will add another work around, which doesn't require selecting individual edges, and which I only thought of after your post @jhackney1972 – we can do the extrusion away from Z+ or in other words, Sketch first and then Extrude by a *negative* amount. This works, but still would consider this a bug since parts are rarely spec'd with a negative thickness 🙂

Screencast https://autode.sk/3loQ1EV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report