Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d drawing (pdf) from a 3d drawing my pc is so slow.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FacebookGroupMember
227 Views, 3 Replies

2d drawing (pdf) from a 3d drawing my pc is so slow.

Hoi fusion mensen. Hoe komt het dat als ik van een 3d tekening een 2d tekening (pdf) gaat maken mijn pc zo traag is. Mijn pc is een AMD ryzen 3950x met 64 gb 3200 MHz geheugen en een samsung 980 ssd met een 2070 super 8gb videokaart.

Hi fusion people. Why is it that when I make a 2d drawing (pdf) from a 3d drawing my pc is so slow. My pc is an AMD Ryzen 3950x with 64 GB 3200 MHz memory and a Samsung 980 SSD with a 2070 Super 8 GB video card.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Please share the file.

File > export > save as f3d on local device  > attach it to the next post.

günther

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

Hello here is the file I hope so ? 

Message 4 of 4

Hi @Anonymous 

I've created a quick drawing with several views and I can export the PDF pretty quickly (around 16 seconds). I think the underlying issue is that there are a lot of lines being rendered out to PDF, which is what is causing the slowdown.

I've checked this on a workstation laptop (meaty Nvidia graphics card) and on a smaller "office" type laptop with onboard graphics and I am able to export the PDF in a similar time. Perhaps check that you are running the latest graphics driver, also check to see if you have any anti-virus software running, you may have "live scanning" going on, and this could be affecting the PDF file. You can test this by temporarily disabling your anti-virus (turn it back on afterwards!)

For your Assembly drawings, it might be worth simplifying your basket models and applying a mesh texture instead. Have a look at the first part of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDxygCsO8k this will speed things up overall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report