Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z home position

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
522 Views, 5 Replies

Z home position

Hi,

I want to make a simple gcode. I do not know how to set Z home. When I press a start button Z goes up and hits a safety switch. It is going too high. I attached video and file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not certain this is a Fusion issue, but rather a machine and Mach3 issue. I assume you ARE using the Mach 3 post processor?

Does your machine recognize the homing commands of G28 and G53? Do you know for a fact that your switches are wired properly?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes it is Mach3 software. My colleges use Aspire CAM software and it is working properly. Maybe I do know how to configured it in Fusion360.  

Message 4 of 6
daniel_lyall

Do you have home switches on the machine?

If not you can move the machine to a safe position then hit home all, this is usually with the X and Y axis at front Left and the Z-axis near the top of its travel, this is a common issue with new users.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

I changed G28 to clearance and all works!

Message 6 of 6
daniel_lyall

What do you mean by clearance, normally you home the machine in Mach3 with or without switches.

If you do not have a home switch on the Z-axis the limit switch can be used for homing if there is nothing there you can just position and hit ref all home the Z should just zero out in the machine Z zero DRO.

If it is not working properly it will need to be fixed.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report