Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XZC gcode

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
etfrench
208 Views, 2 Replies

XZC gcode

I need to create an XZC toolpath for a LinuxCNC machine for this profile but my machines are XYZ.

etfrench_0-1716961436131.png

It's a cam for a rose engine which will create a pattern similar to this:

etfrench_1-1716961631542.png

The file is for a friend who has a rose engine configured as XZC.  He doesn't have any modeling software and hand codes all of his gcode files.

How do I get the LinuxCNC Turning post processor to output XZC gcode?  Is there a better post for this type of machine?

ETFrench

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: etfrench

Hi

Pretty much any mill/turn post should work I would look at one of the Haas ones, You may get extra M codes that aren't used by the Linux CNC machine though, The Haas post has C axis enable(M154), And Brake M codes

The P5000 and M133 are the speed of the live tool and the Mcode to turn on the Live tool, which probably differ from whats needed in this case

It may be easier to Modify the Haas post to work with LinuxCNC than to upgrade the Linux Turning post to have milling capabilities.

We would need some more information however

Message 3 of 3
etfrench
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thanks.  That worked well. 

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report