Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why this error when trying to create a CAM setup?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tgioiosa
244 Views, 4 Replies

Why this error when trying to create a CAM setup?

What does this error mean and how do I stop it? I'm trying to create a CAM setup and it won't let me pick this machine I created.  Is an actual machine model required?

tgioiosa_0-1716929470127.png

Thanks for any tips!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Drewpan
in reply to: tgioiosa

Hi,

According to the latest fusion update video, there is a new feature that allows you to load a model of the machine so

that you can check for collisions with the cutting head with parts of the machine or the part due to the geometry the

cutting head needs to be at to make a cut.

This looks like an error related to that. I think that there are only limited models available in the library to do this

but that will change as more manufacturers create a model and pass it on to AutoDesk.

You should be able to just hit ok and do what you want, you will just not have that functionality available.

I don't think it is a critical error but if it is then it will be an AutoDesk fix.

Cheers

Andrew

Message 3 of 5
HughesTooling

@tgioiosa wrote:

Is an actual machine model required?

Thanks for any tips!

No you don't need to have a machine model. Can't tag Seth at the moment for help as the website's being unhelpful again!

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Could you share your Fusion file and the machine you've created?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
tgioiosa

I sorted it out. Apparently I had entered in a machine model name in the "model" tab of the machine definition by mistake, and that model didn't exist. Removing the name and leaving the model 'empty' makes the error disappear!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report