Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the CPS files located on a Mac?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1225 Views, 2 Replies

Where are the CPS files located on a Mac?

I think with the latest UI update, the config button for postprocessing disappeared. That is unfortunate because I don't know the location of any of the CPS files (Mac version), and I'd like to write a postprocessor for my CNCRouterParts Benchtop Pro starting with one of the existing files.

Does anyone know where these files are on a Mac?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MattWynn
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you search for .cps files on a mac?   If you still have trouble finding them, most of the generic posts are on github, https://github.com/autodeskcam.

Do NOT use the generic posts location for anything you have customized, that location changes when updates get pushed out and you could loose your file.

There should be a location for 'personal posts', which is a good place to use when developing the configuration.

Once you have the post working, I recommend using the cloud location, there should be a CAMPosts folder on your A360 page, https://myhub.autodesk360.com/portal/folders/.  You can not really exit the file that is there, (except for download, edit, upload), but will always be there from any computer. 

Matt Wynn
Senior Manager, Software Development, Fusion Fabrication
Message 3 of 3
jeff.walters
in reply to: MattWynn

I would recommend using the personal post location /Users/<user id>/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts . This way IF they move the default folder you won’t have to search for where they move. Also if you’re using a modified post with the same name of a stock post it won’t get over written.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report