Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water jet, cutting pipe from inside

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
maciej.maleyka
318 Views, 0 Replies

Water jet, cutting pipe from inside

Hello everyone

I would like to ask about possibity of Fusion 360 to generate G-codes adapted to our water jet machine from "Perndorfer".

View from the cutting tool sideView from the cutting tool sideView from the rotating arm sideView from the rotating arm side

Here is short description:
We produce fittings from fiber-reinforced polymer pipes. Cutting tool cuts the workpiece from the inside but code generated should refers to the outside of the pipe. Our machine has 4 axis:
X - Rotation of the pipe (move from coordinate X0 to X equal outer circumference of the pipe - 360° rotation)
Y - Movement along the pipe
Z - Height of the cutting tool (constant in one operation for cutting and 50 mm greater for rapid move, it depends only on the work piece outer diameter - wall thickness is not relevant, it is set by the machine operator and the offset is added automatically during process)
A - Rotation of the cutting tool (max 45° +/-)

Y0 point is set by the water jet machine operator. It depends on the length of the work piece.

SchemeScheme

In attachment there is example of the correct G-code to produce elbow 30°. It includes technological gaps as on the sketch below.

Cutting linesCutting lines2d Cutting lines2d Cutting linesDrawing of the bendDrawing of the bend

The question is the Fusion is capable to generate code like that. I was searching the internet and I only found some videos with milling cylindrical workpieces, but the tool was doing that only from the outside not inside like desired here.

Please let me know whether is it possible in general in Fusion. If yes, I kindly ask you to give me some clues how to manage this.

BR Maciek

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report