Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sennakyro
219 Views, 3 Replies

Turning

Hey I have drawn a tube to turn, the tube is 14 mm in diameter and the stock is 0.5 mm. The maximum depth of cut is 

0.25 mm; I use Fanuc as post processor. In the code the first cutting depth is 14.75 mm, it should actually be 7.375 mm. 

Is there a setting error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: sennakyro

Are you expecting a radial value? What is your machine and control, most modern controls work in Diameter value.

Is this OD or ID work, can you share your file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
sennakyro
in reply to: seth.madore

Hey my lathe is from china, I rebuild it to cnc. My control is UCCNC . My post processor is Funac. The attached file is a tube with diameter 7 mm and and a part of it is 5.5 mm. When I turn it, the diameter is 14 mm and 11 mm. I think it is a setting but I can't find it.

Thanks for the reply

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: sennakyro

So it sounds like your controller is looking for radial values. Is it possible that there is a setting on your controller that will allow you to accept diameter values instead?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report