Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning - Issue with cutter going through stock to get to start position

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wm_crash
264 Views, 5 Replies

Turning - Issue with cutter going through stock to get to start position

Howdy Fusionistas,

Small issue I was trying to figure out over the weekend and here I come looking for help.

The design is a small bowl, so turn the bottom first which has an inside dovetail, then flip it and grip it in expanding jaws, and then turn the upper part of the bowl.

There is extra stock on both sides. At the start if the 3rd setup, the cutter moves through stock to its cutting position. Not sure how I can fix this. Maybe someone here knows.

Thanks in advance,

Cosmin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: wm_crash

Hmm that is not good at all. I cannot seem to find any setting to fix that.

@seth.madore bug maybe?

as a workaround, you can remove the from part of the stock by setting the turning mode to "Outside profiling"

Then a subsequent "Inside Profiling" operation works correctly and doesn't plunge into the stock

Message 3 of 6
AdamKunzo
in reply to: wm_crash

Use the Angled entry. Default values fixed the issue.

AdamKunzo_0-1710148754444.png

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

I'm not certain the "Inside Profiling" selection is correct for that toolpath to begin with, as you're starting on the outside of the part. As you point out, Outside Profiling works correctly. That said, it's worth investigating to see if this is "as expected" behavior.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: AdamKunzo

The issue is not with the Roughing toolpath, but the finishing:

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
wm_crash
in reply to: AdamKunzo

The angled entry avoids the problem I was seeing. Whether everything works as intended, I will leave that up to the Fusion 360 engineers.

cheers,

Cosmin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report