Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning errors after re-generating

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
nigelbutlerSQ2QR
501 Views, 11 Replies

Turning errors after re-generating

thought it was me doing something wrong lastnight but somehow it eventually worked.

tonight i have gave 1 toolpath a tweek and now it is giving errors on other toolpaths,see the red flags

nothing was changed on these other toolpaths

i have added the images with the errors i am getting

a different op that has milling on you can re generate without problems

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

last picture added

Message 3 of 12

@nigelbutlerSQ2QR 

Can you attach your file here so i can look at it?

Thanks,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 4 of 12

am i able to give you private access to it?

Message 5 of 12

@nigelbutlerSQ2QR 

you can either attach your file as an attachment to a private message or share it with me as a downloadable link through fusion or email it to me at akash dot kamoolkar at autodesk dot com.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Message 6 of 12

@nigelbutlerSQ2QR  I had the exact same problem today.  I think that a recent Fusion360 update broke something.  I had working toolpaths two days ago and now I'm either getting your same error, or I'm getting "Toolpaths will not generate, unexpected error".  I'm on a Macbook Pro.  I tried restarting my computer and that seemed to clear the CAM kernel error, but I'm not sure it that was the true fix.  

In my case, I was using a Spun profile because I have a part that had radial and axial holes.  What does seem to have worked for me is to duplicate my body without the holes and use that for the turning.  I found this error ref online:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autodesk-hsm/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/T...

Are you using Spun profile?    Hope that helps!

Message 7 of 12

akash

sent you an email

nk

yes im using spun profile,seems like not alot works if you dont use it!

the turning is very clunky and not user friendly,give me mazatrol 🙂

why cant they have a generic start for od and id that all processes use,saves keep on editing the same things

Message 8 of 12

@nigelbutlerSQ2QR Agreed.  There are certainly features I wish they had.   With that.  If it's possible in your model, try and create a smooth body for the turning ops and see if it fixes the issues.  That way you can turn off spun profile in the set-up and then reference the holes in the other body for any live-tool ops you need.  This is what I'm doing and it seems to be cooperating.

Message 9 of 12

i have always struggled to get the turning to do what i want it to,and i know turning really well as my day job involves it along with a few more axis.

Message 10 of 12

@nigelbutlerSQ2QR 

We're working on a fix for this particular issue that will be released in an upcoming update. We are also working on an overhaul of the spun profile algorithm in general as well. You can try out the new spun profile for now by turning on the feature flag "spun profile" in the preferences->preview dialog. I tested this file with it and the toolpaths seem to work.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Message 11 of 12

Thankyou,that works

if you need a hand with beta testing the turning,but give us an option to get rid of the boring bar returning to start position in x after it has finished its cycle

Message 12 of 12

@nigelbutlerSQ2QR 

We currently allow the option to remain at the end of the toolpath instead of returning to the clearance radius for the parting operation. We have a pending task to add this option to all operations, but there's no ETA yet.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report